RECEIVER IN THE CANAL
Receiver in the canal (RIC)or receiver in the ear models(RIE) are smaller than behind the ear models with the receiver that fits inside the ear canal model which is featurefull ,power packed and cosmetically appealing. Receiver in the canal allows low frequency sounds naturally to the ear and high frequency sounds will be amplified through the hearing aid. The understand better, most of the elderly adult have normal hearing at low frequencies and moderate hearing loss at high frequencies , which will make them to hear the sounds but will always have a doubt if they are understanding the conversation correctly due to muffled speech sound at the end of every sentences. This RIC technology is exclusively designed for these types of hearing loss.
- Specially designed model for sloping hearing loss ,open fit RIC will helps to reduce own voice reverberation and sounds better to you .
- RIC hearing aid is having better noise reduction quality than BTE hearing aid.
- Receiver and microphone in RIC is set apart at a distance to enable the device to provide maximum amplification with minimal feedback/squealing sounds.
- Some RIC hearing aids are having rechargeable options which is more affordable and easier to handle when compared with battery operated model.
- Recent technological advancement results in RIC with three microphones, two microphones at housing of the hearing aid, one microphone at receiver of the hearing aid, which helps in replicating the natural sound.
- Synchronization features are available in bilateral fitting so that no need to control both the hearing aids at the same time, manual tuning of one side can alter the response in both the sides.